Light up a robot in this fun activity from our friends at SparkFun
We are excited to be attending the USA Science & Engineering Festival in Washington D.C. this weekend! For those of you who are paying us a visit, you’ll be able to do this paper circuit activity with us in our booth!
Using free templates from SparkFun, copper tape, an LED, and a battery, you can create your very own wearable paper circuit in just 5 easy steps.
Here’s a complete list of the supplies you’ll need:
- Coin Cell Battery – 12mm (CR1225) PRT-00337CR1225 lithium metal 3V 12mm 47mAh
- LED 5mm – Pick a color, any color!
- Copper Tape – Conductive Adhesive, 5mm (50ft)
- Cardstock (to print the paper circuit templates or design your own)
- Vellum or thin paper for printing your robot or other design of your making
- Clear Tape
- 9/16″ Metal Binder Clip
- Adhesive Pin Back (if you want to wear your amazing creation)
- Your favorite decorating supplies! From markers to stickers and everything in between
For the complete step-by-step instructions, visit the SparkFun website to view the Paper Circuit Pin tutorial.
Did you visit us at the event this weekend? Be sure to share a photo of your pin on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter and tag us using #bestrobotever in your caption for a chance to be featured in our stories and on our blog.